In and Around The Bay
Your property is part of The Bay Filey Holiday Village which is located on the fabulous Yorkshire Coast – look at the images on this page to see what is only a walk away!
Walking Distance from your cottage (in the village)
A short walk away from the property are the following:
- 20m heated indoor pool
- Small children’s pool
- Steam room
- Tennis court (newly surfaced in 2023)
- Table Tennis Tables
- Meadows Walk
- John Paul Jones – dog and family friendly Public House which serves freshly prepared meals & ales throughout the day
- The Four Cats – Pizza and Coffee Bar offering dine in and take out
- Resort Shop
- Activities which can be booked on site (operated by Away Resorts)
- EV chargers – There are communal car chargers available across the village – these are operated by the resort management team and the owner cannot guarantee their provision, availability or operation. Should you wish to use a EV charger you will need to bring your credit / debit card and use of the EV chargers is at your own risk.
- Choice of 4 walks to The Bay Beach (5 mile long) with 3 walks being direct beach access and traffic free including the King Charles III England Coastal Path!
- Filey Town – See below for more information
Near the village (a short distance outside)
The Amazing Beach
The beach in Filey is only minutes from your cottage!
Choose from several paths to the Beach and explore the history – from old “pill boxes” to abandoned wrecks (at low tide) to the vast cliffs and flat walks.
Before you arrive we send you our beach guide so you can plan your visit to the beach and avoid the tides.
Filey – Quaint town near the village
In 2021, Filey Beach was named as one of Europes top 20 beaches and in 2018 Filey won The Sunday Times’ ‘Beach of the Year’. Both of these came as no surprise to us. With its long stretch of golden sand and picturesque views, it’s the perfect place for friends and family to enjoy a seaside holiday. Close-by to the north, Filey Brigg has some impressive rock pools to explore, where you may even find the odd fossil or two, and also marks the start/end of the Cleveland WayTrail.
Quieter than our other coastal resorts, Filey is the perfect choice for those wanting to enjoy a break away from the hustle and bustle of modern life. Escape for a few days, a week or more as you explore all that the Yorkshire Coast has on offer.
Filey Brigg is a long narrow peninsula situated about a mile north of Filey, North Yorkshire – this dominated the view from the beach and can be walked to from The Bay!
ts steep cliffs are 20 metres high and consist of a variety of material, from pure sandstone to pure limestone. The landward end of the peninsula of Filey Brigg is known as Carr Naze, whilst the long neck of rock at the seaward end is called the Brigg. In the early 1970s the fields on top of the Brigg were turned into Filey Brigg Country Park.
The biology and geology of Filey Brigg place it among Sites of Special Scientific Interest in North Yorkshire.
Walking (on and off the village)
The Bay Filey is located on the King Charles III England Coastal Path. You can walk to many places from the Bay such as:
Hunmanby – famous for having a lock up for chickens, this quiet village has it all for your needs such as fish and chips as well as a COOP and a selection of pubs.
Reighton – a small village nearby you could walk to the beach from here via the local caravan park as an alternative and come out further up FileyBeach!
Gap Cafe – the best beach cafe view in the world (according to us) – an amazing cafe with views to rival the best in the world!
Please note that some roads nearby do not have pavements and care should be taken when walking.