Booking Terms and Conditions
These terms apply to bookings made direct through anchorbayholidays.uk and our channels including (but not limited to) VRBO, Airbnb, Tripadvisor, Welcome to Yorkshire, Discover Yorkshire Coast and booking.com
These booking terms and conditions can be revised at anytime and our page https://www.anchorbayholidays.uk/booking-terms-conditions/ displays the up to date T&Cs for all bookings.
This is a legally binding contract between the property owner, and the holidaymaker. The property owner is also referred to as “we” and “us”.
The holidaymaker is the person who makes the online payment. This person is responsible for ensuring all members of the holiday party accept and adhere to these terms and conditions. The holidaymaker is also referred to as “you”. The holidaymaker / person placing the booking must be 18 years or older at the time the booking is placed and is legally responsible for ensuring all guests staying in the property abide by and accept the terms and conditions and other conditions which we will send you in your welcome email(s). We reserve the right to reject or refuse any booking and this decision will be made on behalf of the owner.
A booking deposit is payable within 24 hours of the provisional booking being taken. The booking is taken on a provisional basis until the deposit has been paid in full and funds cleared through the banking system (where appropriate). The booking then becomes confirmed. Until the booking is confirmed, it can be cancelled at any time without prior notice.
The balance of the rental charge is payable not less than 8 weeks prior to the start of the holiday. Failure to pay the deposit or balance in full by the due dates will constitute a cancellation of the holiday by the holidaymaker. A reminder of balance due date will be sent by us one week prior to its due date. Please note that in the week prior to the due date our system may automatically take the balance using the card you booked with. If you do not wish this card to be debited before the due date you are duty bound to inform us otherwise the payment may be taken.
Bookings made less than 8 weeks prior to the arrival date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Provision of Facilities / Safety / Resort Facilities
- Premises Safety – ABH has no responsibilities for, and does not give any warranties in relation to the accommodation, and that the accommodation owner is responsible for ensuring the accommodation is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations including premises safety.
- Property Facilities – The property owner will endeavour to make sure all facilities in the property are operational and working. Where something breaks then we will endeavour to have this resolved during the stay ASAP – e.g. replacement of a toaster / kettle. There may be a delay whilst we seek a contractor for larger repairs but most things can be repaired on the day it is reported. Where the fault is outside the control of the owner and a replacement cannot be offered then a gesture of goodwill may be offered but there is no obligation to do so (e.g. failure of internet / power cut).
- Resort Facilities – The facilities across the resort are owned and operated by Away Resorts – ABHL nor the owner are not responsible for the quality of or provision of these facilities. Where the facility is unavailable we will communicate this to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no financial obligation for the property owner to re-imburse due to facilities on resort being non-operational / offered. For the avoidance of doubt resort amenities / facilities covers (but is not limited to) the shop, gym, pool. tennis, table tennis, football pitch, meadows, beach access and all free and paid activities bookable through Away resorts.
- Whilst every care is taken to provide a true and accurate description of the property, over time, alterations are made and some things do change. The holidaymaker accepts that no refunds are available for such discrepancies.
- The photographs used on our website show the actual property that you are booking. Any food / drink, bedding and other soft furnishings as well as flowers and other items used to “dress” the property are not included in the holiday price and the holiday maker accepts that no refunds are available for such differences.
- The property owner reserves the right to enter the property, at a reasonable time, in the event of an emergency or remedial repair work being required.
- The property owner is entitled to ask the holidaymaker to leave the property without any refund if, in the property owner’s opinion, the behaviour of the holidaymaker and/or his/her party is unacceptable.
- The property owner reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone, who in the property owner’s opinion is not suitable to or capable of taking charge of the property.
- The property owner reserves the right to ask the holidaymaker and their party to leave the property, without refund, should the behaviour of the holidaymaker and/or their party be considered by the property owner to be unreasonable.
Your arrival emails and information pack (sent by email and in the property) contain clauses that you must abide by in terms of your obligations with regard to fire safety. This incudes a list of requirements you must follow including:
- You (all guests in the party) are duty bound to familiarise yourself with the fire procedures in the property including the ABH Fire Action Poster and Door Sticker which are displayed in all properties and ensuring that all exits are clear at all times
- You are not to mess with, tamper with or interfere with any fire equipment (e.g. emergency lighting, torches or extinguishers) and if the property has fire doors you are obligated to ensure these are closed (these are clearly marked)
- No Smoking or E-Cigarettes are allowed in the properties. E-Cigarettes are not permitted to be charged in the property
- No naked flames are permitted in the property under any circumstances including lighters, candles or matches.
- If your property has a log burning stove this must be used according to the instructions in the property. You are not allowed to keep kindling, logs or firelighters near the fire itself
- No charging of electric vehicles, electric bikes, electric scooters, hover boards is permitted
- Portable BBQs, fireworks, Chinese lanterns are not allowed anywhere in the property or in The Bay Village. If your property has a BBQ then you will be sent the relevant information and permissions for how disposable BBQs are permitted only
Failure to abide by these rules in your arrival information could see you being asked to leave and your damage bond being charged.
- Across The Site – The Bay have communal car chargers which will require credit / debit card and / or an app to activate / use – the location of these will be shown on your arrival email(s). These are not supplied or operated by ABHL and are outside our control. Should you charge your EV from an extension lead or by any other means not communal chargers you may be asked to leave. Please note that trailing wires are strictly prohibited as are extension leads to any internal or external socket in the properties and the use of any means to charge any EV will make you in breach of contract.
- At Properties – Some properties feature an EV charger dedicated for your use. This will be activated for your stay if you select EV charging when you book at an additional cost. Unless you have selected this you will not be able to use the dedicated charger. If you have purchased this then you can use the charger as many times as you like for the duration of your stay. Please note you will need to bring your own cable as the charger is just a “socket” (7kWh).
Internet Usage / Safety
- Internet Usage – our properties have unlimited internet for you to enjoy. Please note you cannot connect physically to the router / hub and the information for the password for wifi is in the property and / or on the booklet in the property. Please note you cannot download unlicensed or illegal content – if you do the ISP will inform us and your details will be passed to them.
- Internet Outages – all of our properties have an internet contract and therefore should be available for your stay. Should the internet not be working, we will endeavour to provide you with a mobile dongle but we will not be held responsible and no compensation will be paid if the internet is unavailable
- Internet Speed – High speed fibre (to the property) is not available in rural Filey. Typically speeds that are available (in the property) are between 50-70Mbs. This can vary depending on the delivery method – for example Meadow Properties have line of sight radio wifi to the property). Should a fixed line be unavailable we will endeavour to provide mobile broadband with typical speeds of 30MBs.
- SMART TV Services – If your property has a SMART TV, then you login to streaming services at your risk. ABHL or the owner will not be responsible for content downloaded / purchased during your logged in session or after you check out. Therefore you must log out of all services prior to leaving the property. Please note that none of our properties provide login to streaming services due to this not be a shared licensing agreement and if you want to use streaming services such as Netflix you need your own account.
Energy Usage (we trust you understand these measures given the increasing energy costs and work with us to minimise energy usage and save money)
- Your holiday includes all energy use (electric and gas) and strictly excludes the charging of electric vehicles (see above). We ask that energy is not used excessively and that the heating is not set to any higher than 22 degrees. If the thermostat or other device records the heating set to more than 22 degrees for a prolonged period of time, we may contact and/or charge you for excessive energy usage.
- When you check out you are also given instructions how to leave the thermostat and if these are not followed you may also be charged for excessive energy use.
- We ask you to use energy as sparingly as possible and should the government impose restrictions / time limitation on certain high consuming items (e.g. tumble dryers after a certain time) you are required to adhere to these.
Bikes, E-Bikes, E-Scooters and electrical appliances / E-cigs
If you want to bring bikes, E-bikes or E-Scooters then please note these are NOT permitted INSIDE the property. In addition the charging of e-scooters, e-bikes or e-cigs is strictly prohibited using our electrical circuits (this includes bringing the batteries inside and leaving the device outside). Any damage caused by you bringing them inside the property may results in a charge to your damage bond. You will need to have a way to secure (and charge) these outside and / or lock them to / on your vehicle. (for example you may choose to chain these to the property patio furniture but if any damage is caused to the property or its furniture you may be charged from your damage bond). Please note that the use of deep fat fryers and other high energy electrical appliances is also prohibited.
Number of Guests
The maximum number of people entitled to stay at your property is stated in the listing. If it is found that more people than agreed are using the property, this will be considered a breach of contract and the holidaymaker and his/her party will be asked to leave immediately without any refund. Sub letting or assignation of the let is prohibited.
Pets / Assistance Animals
If the property is pet – friendly, dogs are allowed in the property subject to the property owner’s agreement. All pets must be house trained and the number and type of pet must not exceed what was agreed at the time of booking, otherwise a breach of contract will be deemed to have taken place.
Pets must not be left unaccompanied in the property at any time and must not be allowed on the beds or furniture. The holidaymaker shall be liable for all damage caused by his/her pet or any pet belonging to the holidaymaker’s party. A charge will be made for any additional cleaning required. The property owner cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury to a pet during their stay.
Allergies / Pet Free Properties / Assistance Dogs – Our pet-free properties are not let with a guarantee that a dog has not stayed in the property. If you have a certified assistance dog these will be permitted in pet-free properties.
Arrival and Departure Time / Right of Access
Every effort will be made to have the property available from the times stated on your arrival day. Late departure will result in an additional charge being made. Information about keys and how to collect them will be provided once full payment has been received.
Right of Access – when out, we ask you to leave the key in the keybox so we can access the property and for you to minimise the loss of keys. We will only access the property if needed (e.g. for maintenance) and should the key not be available then the maintenance may not be carried out.
The property owner takes no responsibility for the personal possessions of the holidaymaker or the holidaymaker’s party. Vehicles and possessions are left entirely at the risk of the holidaymaker.
Children (any guest under 18) must be supervised at all times and are the responsibility of the person booking the holiday.
We would like to think the holidaymaker and party would treat the property as they would their own home and at the end of the holiday the property is left in a clean and tidy condition. The property owner retains the right to make an additional charge for cleaning should the property not be left in a similar condition to the way it was found at the start of the holiday.
The holidaymaker should make every effort to keep the property, fixtures and fittings and all contents in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday. Any accidental damage or breakages should be reported to the property owner (or their representative) prior to departure. The property owner retains the right to make an additional charge for damage and breakages although it should be noted that minor breakages and reasonable wear and tear (in the opinion of the property owner) will not be charged for. Any issues found on arrival with cleaning and / or damage must be reported upon arrival so as to not be charged to the holidaymaker.
We operate a damage bond system where 2 weeks (TWO) prior to arrival a sum is preauthorised to your credit/debit card (the card you paid with). You may see your available funds reduce by this amount and full information is sent in your confirmation email. Should no damage be caused whilst in the property this bond is cancelled / returned within 3 days of departure.
Like many companies we operate a dynamic pricing model which uses an automatic algorithm to set the pricing according to market forces and demand. The price you pay at the point of booking is the price set for your holiday. Should the price increase from when you booked we will not charge you any more and should the price reduce we will not match the lower price.
Every endeavour is made to ensure your stay with us is memorable for all the right reasons. However, we do recognise that from to time things do go wrong. In these circumstances, it is the responsibility of the holidaymaker to make any such problem known to the property owner (or their representative) immediately it becomes apparent, thereby giving the property owner / us the opportunity to correct the situation. Unless this procedure is followed, no subsequent claim will be entertained.
The property owner will make every endeavour to rectify any identified problems as soon as is reasonably possible.
Should you leave any item at The Bay / Your property you must notify the housekeeper. Items will be returned for a nominal fee of £10 (plus postage) which you should pay the housekeeper. Failure to pay the money will result in the items being destroyed / donated to charity if not claimed within 2 weeks. Please note that any medicines or food left will be disposed of by the cleaners immediately following your stay.
Cancellation Policy for Anchor Bay Holidays
Cancellations by the Holiday Maker must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and refunds from us will be made on the following basis:
- The deposit paid is NON refundable
- If you cancel more than 8 weeks before your arrival date the balance only (i.e. not the deposit) will be returned to you (if the balance has been paid)
- If you cancel less than 8 weeks before your arrival date then NO money will be returned.
- In the event of a cancellation, we will attempt to re-let the property and if successful, a discretionary payment may be made. However, we strongly recommend you take out holiday cancellation insurance as your booking is final once you have paid the balance.
- Insurance – at the point of booking (direct bookings only) – you can opt for “X-Cover” which will protect your booking for a premium. The terms of the protection is offered by X-Cover and ABH are not responsible for the level of cover and / or the premium / cover that this provides.
Cancellation by the Property Owner
The property owner will endeavour to make sure the stated property is available for the dates contracted. In the unlikely event the property becomes not available and the property owner has to cancel the booking, the property owner will endeavour to find the holidaymaker suitable alternative accommodation. If suitable alternative accommodation cannot be found, the holidaymaker shall be entitled to a full refund. The property owner shall only be liable to return the monies received. No compensation or consequential losses shall be paid and it should be noted that as the contract is with the owner, the holiday maker will have no claim on Anchor Bay Holidays Limited.