Just select the question below to find out answers to common questions:
Questions about the Village / The Beach
- Your accommodation for the duration of your booked stay
- Towels, linen, all energy (up to 23 degrees in most properties) and cleaning before and after your stay
- Use of the pool, gym and leisure centre (you must use the card provided in the property) within the published opening times
- The outside table tennis table, boules courts, football pitch, fields and adventure playground are all free to use.
- WiFi where available (marked on each properties pages)
• Food and beverages – this is a self-catering holiday
• Use of charged amenities / activities – such as the family entertainment centre and charged activities such as Splash in the pool – which are operated and charged by Away Resorts
You’ll find that The Bay Filey is accessible by train, bus and car and is in close proximity to other locations including; Scarborough, Cayton Bay & Hunmanby making it the perfect base for your Yorkshire Coast holiday. Put in YO14 9GA into google maps and the best route will show whether that be car, train or cycle! We have a new transport blog – so click and find out more!
The beach is accessible several ways from The Bay. The easiest (but is a steep path) is from The Bay Filey’s own beach access. Or you could walk through to Primrose Valley and use their shallow beach access. Finally a short walk to Hunmanby Gap provides an alternative but it is a road without a pavement.
When browsing a property have a look for the “comfort” or “luxury” collection icon. All of our properties are lovely properties, but our luxury collection properties feature one or more of the following:
- Detached Property
- Private Parking and / or EV charger
- Beautifully Decorated and Furnished
- Seaview / Lake View /Balcony / BBQ / Deck
- There is such a large choice of properties and sizes from 1 bedroom to 4 bedroom houses sleeping 10 people so we have devised a really useful page where you can view the properties by size / type.
All of our properties have fully equipped kitchens with Oven, Hob, Microwave. Dishwasher, Washing Machine (or washer dryer), all utensils, kitchen and oven ware as well as plenty of glasses, mugs and everything you need for a self catering holiday. If you are booking a property that sleeps 4 then we will provide enough equipment for you to cook and serve a meal for 4 people – this logic applies to all house sizes……..
- Our 1 bedroom apartments are our smallest properties and ideal for a couple and or a child / baby
- Our beach houses are made of concrete – are all centrally heated and have two bathrooms – making them an ideal choice for ground floor living. Most have a log burner making them super cozy too!
Babies and Children
The bay is PERFECT for families – with activities, swimming, acres of landscaped grounds to explore there is something for all ages!
All our properties include a travel cot and high chair – all you need is bedding for the cot (all other bedding is provided)
Pets and Furry Friends
The Bay is incredibly dog friendly – with dog friendly pub, miles of walks, and miles o beach to explore without crossing a main road!
Most of our dog friendly properties accept up to 2 well behaved dogs.
For dogs we charge a one off fee per dog to cover additional cleaning – this is much cheaper than kennels and your dog needs a holiday too and will love the beach!
We ask that you do not leave dogs unattended in the properties. If you do then you must use a crate that you bring yourself to the property.
We ask that dogs are kept on the ground floor. They are NOT allowed upstairs or on any furniture / beds.
We operate 2 night minimum stays all year round except at Christmas when we operate a 3 night minimum. We operate a 14 day maximum stay online but please contact us if you wish to book for longer.
Anchor Bay Holidays was started by Anthony and Kirstie who have owned at The Bay since 2013. They have a wide knowledge of The Bay and want you to have the best possible holiday for the best price – safe and secure knowing you’ve booked direct with the owner of the property.
When you start your booking, all this information is displayed per property but a typical payment schedule is 20% deposit at the point of booking followed by the balance (including damage bond) 8 weeks before you travel. We sadly cannot offer payment plans.
We accept all major debit and credit cards and never charge a fee for these. All payments are handled by a secure server and we don’t store the number whether you pay over the phone or online.
We charge a damage bond of £150 – you dont need to pay this but this will be held against your credit card 14 days prior to arrival and cancelled 3 days after departure providing no damage has been done.
For COVID-19 we strongly recommend you take out insurance in case you cannot travel. If we are forced to close then you will be refunded in full. We will endeavour to refund you but if we can’t let the property and it is near to the departure then conditions of refund are stipulated in your booking confirmation.
When you complete your booking we now offer you the chance to take cancellation insurance. This is optional and personal choice. The terms and conditions of this cancellation cover are provided at booking and please note this is operated by a third party.
Like many travel companies we use “dynamic pricing” – this is based on arrival date and demand such as bank and school holidays. The price you see listed when you book is the price you pay. Should the price increase we will not charge you more and should it decrease we wont lower the price.
Check in / Out Questions & Preparing for you holiday
We operate anyday check in / out in most properties.
Keys are available from a key-safe for all properties
Our owners use a variety of cleaning companies and therefore this varies per property and is clearly stated on your booking confirmation.
Some of our cottages have EV Charging, find out more. There are communal chargers available – see the page for information.
- Towels are for use in the property and pool swimming only – please bring your own for the beach.
- All properties have at least one hairdryer, iron & board, travel cot, highchair and a washing machine (or washer-dryer)
Most supermarkets deliver to The Bay – you will get the property post code with your arrival information. If you wish to shop when you arrive there is a Tesco in Filey (3 miles away) and larger versions of all major supermarkets in both Scarborough, Seamer and Bridlington.